Katelyn

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Brendan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Big day! Brendan - 21 months, Baby Bug 24 weeks!

Wow! I can't believe how quickly time is flying by! In 3 months, I'll have a 2 year old and Baby Bug will almost be here (at least I hope that she's almost here and not here already!)

Brendan is talking more and more daily, it's so much fun to listen to him! Funny story to share, since I keep forgetting to post it here.

Brendan was riding in Mamaw's car on the way to her house on Monday morning recently. It was a bright and sunny day. Apparently they were discussing the sun and it was shining in on Brendan. They turned a corner and it was no longer directly on Brendan. He asked Mamaw, "Sun off?!?" Too cute in my opinion!

Not sure if that counts as his first sentence, but he's definitely starting to start to put two words together to get his point across. He watched Daddy put the garage door down this afternoon after a bike ride and he said, "Door down".

Brendan at 21 months:


Me & Baby Bug:

I had my 24 week appointment yesterday. Everything is looking good. I'm measuring big for my date - of course! I'm measuring at 26 weeks, which the OB isn't too concerned about, of course she's going off her due date, so I'm almost 25 weeks per her dates. I was surprised that she didn't start in on the "it's a big baby" talk and talk about another ultrasound to check size and push for a scheduled C-section. She flat out said "I'm not worried...I don't think that you're having a big baby." Basically she just said that I'm short. Duh! So we'll see if that tune changes in the coming weeks as we approach my VBAC. I certainly hope not, but I'm ready for a battle anyway. :)

Next up is my glucose tolerance test, which I'm not worried about passing too much, but I just don't want to do it! I remember almost getting sick on the stupid drink last time trying to choke it down. Ugh!

I'm still doing OK as far as weight gain, I think. I'm up 18 pounds, so hopefully I can stay under the 40 lbs I gained with Brendan! My belly button is nearly flat, which I know happened with Brendan, but I don't think that it was this early...so I fear that it will pop! :) My back is holding up so far...I have good days and bad days...I can't stand in one place for very long I've learned. The couch and exercise ball are my friends...standing at the kitchen counter is not! The fun Braxton-Hicks contractions have definitely started. I did get a little worried this past Saturday as I had 2-3 within an hour, the first started when all I did was roll over in bed! Yikes! They've definitely calmed down since though, so that's good. Baby Bug has some more baking to do and I'm not quite ready for her appearance either!

The nesting bug/2nd trimester extra energy has hit me. I've been making lists and working on tons of projects lately...a lot of them are Baby Bug and Brendan related, but I'm also trying to get ready for Christmas. I'm afraid that when the holidays really roll around I'll be starting to get really uncomfortable and not feel up to doing anything. I think that I now have all of the bedding for Brendan's big boy room. We just need some twin size mattresses. (Anyone know of a deal?!? Not sure that I want used ones from strangers...kinda creeps me out!) Once the bunk beds are finished at Christmas (Chris' parents are going to finish re-finishing them while they are here), we'll get his new room painted and set up. Then we can tackle setting up the nursery.

I'm almost 100% sure that I've picked out bedding for Baby Bug...it's called Fireflies (really they are Dragonflies) and is from Target. I love the colors, now just to find some finishing touches!

No comments: