Katelyn

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Brendan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 26, 2010

6 Weeks



Stare down...

Proud big brother...terrified little sister!


Katelyn weighed in at 9 pounds, 13 ounces at Support group this week. I was thinking that she'd be 10 pounds, but she's getting there! She's still eating about every 2 hours during the day, but will occasionally go almost 3 hours.

Her sleep has improved somewhat...she slept 6 hours in a row a couple times, but only in her bouncy seat. I'm really hoping to get her sleeping in her bassinet/co-sleeper soon. Now if I could just get her to go back to sleep quickly in the middle of the night...generally by the time I change her, feed her, and get her back to sleep it's a 90 minute ordeal! I keep her swaddled the whole time and only turn on a small lamp. I'm open to other suggestions! (Especially if the 6 hour trend continues...she sleeps from 10ish to 4ish...by the time I get back to bed Brendan's getting up!)

We've gotten more smiles, talking & playing this week. I feel like she's slowly developing somewhat of a routine/schedule. She'll take a good nap in the morning and another one early afternoon (plus lots of cat naps throughout the day), but is generally awake & happy during Brendan's nap time. Not great for Mommies who want to nap too! She's definitely grumpy/fussy in the evening, but Chris is pretty good at getting her to calm down/nap on his chest.

No comments: