Katelyn

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Brendan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, September 20, 2010

27 Weeks


Katelyn is now 6 months old! So hard to believe how quickly she is growing up.

Her doctor's appointment is next week, so I'll try to remember to add her stats here.

Not sure how accurate these are given that Katelyn was a complete wiggle worm!
So if these are accurate, she didn't get any taller and her head got smaller...probably not likely on either front. :) She's gaining weight and meeting developmental milestones, so I'm not worried.
Height 26 inches (48th percentile)
Weight 14 pounds, 13 ounces (19th percentile)
Head: 15 1/2 inches (<3rd percentile)

She starting having a really hard time getting back to sleep lately, so we've been taking her on stroller rides in the neighborhood to lull her back to sleep. It's working well, but not fun in the middle of the night and really won't be fun once it's cold out! But on a good note, we may know why she hasn't been sleeping well... a tooth! I noticed it yesterday morning...just a hint of white on her bottom gums. No swelling or redness and really no increased chewing or drooling, so I was a little bit surprised.

Katelyn loves to sit, but loves to stand even more. She isn't crawling yet, but does spin herself around in circles both by squirming as well as rolling around. She did do some scooting backwards this weekend, so I fear that she may be crawling soon.

We've gone through all of the "1st foods" vegetables and are now starting on fruits. She seems to really like all of her vegetables, carrots, peas & squash are probably her favorites, but she certainly doesn't mind green beans or sweet potatoes. I'm making 90% of her baby food at this point. Peas are really hard to get smooth enough for her, so I did break down and buy a few packs of those and the carrots that I made are a little lumpy, but I'm going to try again this week.

While we're talking about eating...she has still been refusing to take a bottle. I can't tell you how many bottles we've tried. She'll play with it - chew on it, etc., but once she's hungry and it's time to eat - she'll just scream bloody murder. BUT - we had a huge break through today. I left her at Mamaw's house while I went to get a manicure. While I was gone, she actually took a bottle! Over the course of 3 hours, she drank 3 ounces! The key appears to be a small enough bottle that she can hold herself and letting her lay on the floor or in a swing/bouncy seat to feed herself. Whatever it takes! :)

All of the bottles...I had to take a picture just for fun!

The winner...a Gerber 99 cent bottle with a latex nipple.

Of course we waited to try the cheap 99 cent Gerber bottles - should have known that my girl would be frugal too! :)

No comments: