Katelyn

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Brendan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 11, 2008

The Countdown Begins...

1/16: (36 weeks) Today was my first weekly OB appointment. The good news is that the little man is actually head down - OB checked with the ultrasound machine to make sure. Unfortunately, despite plenty (in my humble opinion) of Braxton Hicks contractions - which are becoming more frequent and more uncomfortable, I am 0 centimeters dilated. Oh well...better luck next week I guess.

We did discuss the "what ifs" of going past my due date of 2/13. My OB will not let me go more than a week past without scheduling an induction. So worst case scenario - he will be here on or by 2/20!

1/20: Someone on one of my message boards posted this...I just had to share! :)

EVICTION NOTICE: I am issuing 30 day notice for EVICTION. Tenant will have 30 days in which he can either gather his belongings and promptly vacate the premises, or wait until the final day. After which, he will be physically removed from the property.

He's being evicted due to breech of contract and destruction of property. Expansions only to the FRONT of the house, within reasonable limits, were discussed. Not only have these limits been exceeded, but additions to the back of the house were also made!

Remodeling and gutting of the home was never approved, nor was changing the initial layout and base structure. And due to property damage, there are now leaks in both the upper AND lower levels of the home. On top of which, the landlord has received numerous complaints about nightly disturbances.

After 30 days from this day that he doesn’t comply with the notice will result in immediate and forceful removal at my discretion.

1/23: (37 weeks) Today was my second OB appointment. Baby is still head down, so that's good. I'm still having plenty of BH contractions - more frequent & more painful - which is good & bad. I did get checked again this week, and I'm 2-3 centimeters dilated and 50% effaced!!! :) Yeah for me! The OB said that I could go anytime or it could still be another week or so, but she doesn't expect to see me at my 40 week appointment. :) I'll keep you posted.

1/29: (37 weeks, 6 days) Today was my third OB appointment. Baby is still head down and definitely very low, but no further dilation. :( The only good part of the appointment is that I have an ultrasound tomorrow to check the size of the little man. Let's hope that he's not huge, but then on the other than hand...maybe if he's big, they'll consider inducing me earlier.

1/30: (38 weeks) I had my 4th ultrasound today, to check on the little man's size. Everything looked good. He's about 7 lbs right now - give or take 10% said the u/s tech, but they usually don't underestimate on weight. He's also measuring in the 69th percentile for height - she couldn't give an overall height though. His head is very low, so no good face pictures to post, we'll all just have to wait a little longer!

2/5: (38 weeks, 6 days) Still pregnant for those of you following along at home. :) I forgot that I had this "guess" list from one of my showers...thought that I'd post it here. Let me know if anyone else wants to contribute a guess...post a comment here or email me...

Ginny Hurley 2/1/08 7 lbs. 14 oz. 21 ½ inches
Wendy 2/5/08 3:05a 8 lbs. 2 oz. 22 inches
Mary Truitt 2/6/08 4:38a 8 lbs. 21 ½ inches
Erin Hurley 2/8/08 6 lbs. 10 oz. 20 inches
Karen Shoemaker 2/8/08 12noon 8 lbs. 1 oz. 22 inches
Jenny Shoemaker 2/10/08 7 lbs. 11 oz. 21 inches
Kris Hurley 2/10/08 3:18a 8 lbs. 4 oz. 22 inches
Annie Barbato 2/10/08 8 lbs. 3 oz. 22 ½ inches
Laura Fletcher 2/10/08 8 lbs. 5 oz.
Emily Weis 2/11/08 7 lbs. 6 oz. 21 inches
Pat Low 2/11/08 8 lbs. 6 oz. 22 inches
Robin Bradford 2/12/08 6 lbs. 8 oz. 19 ½ inches
Suzi Shoemaker 2/13/08 8 lbs. 2 oz. 21 ½ inches
Alana Barbato 2/13/08 9 lbs. 2 oz. 23 inches
Sherry Hurley 2/13/08 9 lbs. 2 oz. 22 inches
Kim Weis 2/13/08 6:30p 7 lbs. 8 oz. 21 inches
Anna Dilger 2/14/08 8 lbs. 1 oz.
Virginia Huff 2/17/08 7 lbs. 13 oz. 20 inches
Kitty Baker 2/20/08 7 lbs. 21 inches
Mimi 2/23/08 6 lbs. 20 inches
Julie Barbato 2/23/08 7 lbs. 14 oz. 21 ½ inches
Kathy Christea 2/23/08 7 lbs 20 inches

2/6: (39 weeks) The EVICTION DATE is set!!! I have made some progress now 3-4 cm and 70% effaced, but still no baby so far. However, because of my approaching due date and my OB going on vacation at the end of next week, I am being induced on Tuesday - Feb 12th - which is the day that she's on call as well, so I am nearly guarenteed to have her deliver me, which makes me happy. :) So, the end is definitely in sight! I'll keep you posted of any further developments.

2/11: (39 weeks, 6 days) Lots of cramping/contractions overnight, but nothing strong enough to go to the hospital. They fizzled out this morning to just cramping. :( But, I ended up calling the OB to see about having her strip my membranes today, to see if that will move things along. She was agreeable to see me at 1:30pm today. Apparently, she strips my membranes every check, so we did that again today in hopes of moving things along. I am now 4-5 cm dilated and 70% effaced. My OB says that I'm doing very well - well in my opinion would be 10 cm dilated!! :) The plan now is to go in at 7:30am tomorrow to get Pitocin and around lunch time, they'll break my water. So tomorrow is Eviction Day whether the little man likes it or not! :)

4 comments:

Megan said...

Ya, those fake-out contractions are a bitch! I hope all continues to go well. I know you're ready to be done. Just wait for the daily questions of "are you ready to be done" and "how close are you". They must make you want it over sooner. :)

Laura said...

Love the "eviction notice!" :)

Laura said...

2/10, 8 lbs 5oz

I think that you're going to go into labor after dinner on Saturday and then deliver sometime after midnight. That's my guess. :)

Anna said...

I think you will have a Valentine's baby and a big one at that. I am guessing 2/14 and 8 pounds 1 ounce.