Katelyn

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Brendan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 12, 2009

Good news & Bad news

Chris got offered a job!

In Bloomington...and they want him to relocate there for it. They don't want him commuting...something about a work/family balance.

We have thought a lot about this and there's just no way that we can feel good about this opportunity. There are so many good things here in Indy/Fishers and the only good thing about moving to Bloomington would be this awesome job opportunity for him. I would like have to leave my job (1 1/2 hour commute just doesn't seem realistic for me, esp. if we have no family support in Bloomington to help out with Brendan), we'd have to sell our house in a difficult market, we'd have to quickly buy a new house in Bloomington, we'd have to find a new daycare for Brendan if I was to find a job in Bloomington, which after a quick search, I found zilch!

So after re-examining our budget and trimming a little bit more, we've decided that we can last several months without Chris working (for a paycheck...he's going to have a nice honey do list to work on! ;) ) rather than make a drastic move to beautiful southern Indiana. Oh, don't get me wrong, I love Bloomington and a few years ago, might have considered living there, but now is just not the time for us to uproot our family and make drastic changes.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Glad to hear about the job opportunity and sorry it just wasn't a good fit. I know something else will come!