Katelyn

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Brendan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sick Monkey Man

Poor Brendan came down with the stomach flu on Super Bowl Sunday. Chris was out running errands and I was playing with the kids. I decided to play "baby" with Brendan. He was laying on the couch, so I covered him up with his blankets and put Katelyn's puppy dog on him that plays music. He smiled and cuddled up. I sat down to feed Katelyn and looked back at him a couple minutes later and he hadn't seemed to have moved. I noticed that his breathing was very slow and even. When Katelyn was done eating, I got him and checked on him and sure enough, he was sound asleep at 11:30 in the morning. He had told Chris earlier that he was tired, but we didn't think much of it. He slept for a good 4 hours and woke up sad and had a fever over 100 degrees. :(

We thought he was better on Tuesday and almost sent him to daycare, as I was supposed to see some study patients and Mamaw was going to take Katelyn with her to her birthday lunch, when Brendan threw up on the kitchen floor. Wednesday morning was much the same...thought he was better, but threw up on the floor of his room. :(

He seems to be back on the mend now, but it was a good 4 days of a sad, grumpy, pukey, poopy toddler. :(

No comments: