Katelyn

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Brendan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Coming out of the closet...my new hobby!

About a year and a half ago, I discovered a new way to shop, that some call "extreme couponing". It's essentially using coupons to get products for free or just pennies on the dollar. As some of you know, I've always used coupons, but never to this extent before and I've become totally addicted! I've been "buying" things for a few months now to build up a good stockpile of stuff for ourselves to use, but also decided to have a 'stockpile sale' at our neighborhood garage sale yesterday & today and see if I could make any money. I didn't keep track of exactly how much I spent to buy everything, but it wasn't very much, as some products the store actually somewhat paid me to buy them! We also sold some stuff that was gathering dust in our basement and garage and made $575 in the last two days! Just over $375 was from the products that I sold...$200 was from other "stuff".

Here's some before pictures:


& after:


Sorry the pictures were a little dark...taken in the garage with the door closed.

No comments: