Katelyn

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Brendan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 18, 2009

The recession hits home...

Chris got news last week that we were not wanting to hear, but had been afraid it might come for a little while now. The company that he has his largest and essentially only contract with (they were giving him at least 25 hours per week and usually 40+ hours per week) was going to very soon utilize their 30 day "bail-out" clause. They were hoping to get a large project from Duke Realty, but it appears that it won't be happening, largely due to the economy.
So, Chris is back out looking for a job. He's not hopeful of finding anything contract based or anything that will allow him to work from home. I think that we were finally getting used to our new schedules with him working at home and me working part-time & home the rest with Brendan. The bad part is that he won't get to be at home with Brendan so much, especially since Brendan seems to absolutely adore is Daddy!
We're determined to weather this storm and get by until the next job comes along, but it may be a few tight months...makes me glad that I've found and enjoy my couponing addiction.
And for those of you wondering, at this point, I will not be going back to work full-time. My doctors hired another PA on a full time basis and I don't believe that there is enough work for both of us to work full time, nor do I want to return to work full-time unless it is absolutely necessary, which at this point it's not. If I do have to return to work full-time, I'm not sure how long it would take to convince the doctors to give me back my part-time status and I really don't want to jeopardize that! Plus, Chris has more earning potential than me anyway...at least that's what I'm trying to get him to believe!

No comments: