Katelyn

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Brendan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 11, 2010

37 weeks! - ETA Picture

I added a 37 week picture. Don't forget the camera adds 10 pounds! :)

The end is in sight...well sort of. :) Things are mostly ready around here for a new arrival, we just need her to make an appearance.

OB update: I saw my OB yesterday (2/10) and am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. So things have started, as I was not dilated the previous week. I was obviously hoping for more progress, but will take what I can get. We are still planning for a VBAC and I am hopeful (but nervous) that all the stars will align for us. My OB will not induce my labor this time as a VBAC, so I must go into spontaneous labor. I am excited about actually going into labor, but the planner in me would love to know when it might happen. :)

ETA: I'm measuring 36 cm...so smaller than with Brendan. Dr. E is guessing that Baby Bug is 6 1/2 - 7 pounds right now. I feel much smaller with this baby than I remember feeling with Brendan, so I think that she is wrong. :) We'll see!

I am meeting with my doula this evening for our first interview, although I have met her before. (Small world, I purchased some baby gates from her off of Craigslist in September.) For those that aren't familiar with a doula, it is a woman who assists a woman during childbirth. She is not a nurse or a midwife, but will act as a lbor coach and assist with pain management and positioning to improve my chances of a vaginal birth. My doula has three children of her own...one of which was a successful VBAC (at home!). So, I look forward to working with her, as she has a good understand of where I am coming from.

No comments: