Katelyn

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Brendan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 18, 2010

38 Weeks...still pregnant

My OB's on vacation in Orlando with her four kids (all 4 or younger...yikes!) all this week. So I saw one of the NPs yesterday for my weekly check. Baby still looks good and I'm healthy. :) Only gained 31 pounds. :) Head is still down. :) Still measuring 36 cm. :) No big baby talk. :)
Still only 1 cm dilated. :( :( :( Grrr. Cervix is a little more thinned out - maybe 80%, but no further dilation. Needless to say, I'm a little frustrated. I made so much progress with Brendan before I even got to the hospital, granted things still didn't end how I wanted them. So, I guess in a way, it's been to not get my hopes up, but I know that my appointment on Wednesday 2/24, is my last scheduled appointment and Dr. E's going to start putting pressure on me, as her due date is 5 days ahead of mine based on ultrasound results. I'd like to have a good amount of dilation accomplished, so that IF we have to talk about a (modified, i.e. drug free) induction, I won't have 9 cm to go! (Plus I don't know if they could even do a modified induction at only 1cm.)

Anyway...I'll stop whining and try to enjoy being pregnant and only having one child a little longer. :)

ETA: I don't mean to sound ungrateful, as I know that there are many, many people who suffer with infertility or the inability to carry a pregnancy to term and would be ecstatic to be in my position.
Also, I just spoke with my doula (I'm supposed to give her weekly updates) who was very encouraging. She says the 80% effacement is excellent and to forget/ignore the chain of events leading up to Brendan's induction in terms of how I dilated, etc. This pregnancy can be completely different.

No comments: