Katelyn

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Brendan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Baby Update - 18+ weeks

18 weeks & 5 days today! Wow does this seem to be flying by!

The nausea is completely gone, thank goodness! But miraciously (knock on wood) my weight is staying in check as well. I'm only up about 9-10 pounds at this point and I'm pretty sure that I was up around 15 pounds with Brendan at this point.

I'm starting to feel more and more flutters and even a couple light kicks in the last few days. I'm still listening to the heartbeat in the evenings with our doppler. Heartrate is usually in the 130s-140 range for those interested.

I am struggling with some low back pain, I'm pretty sure it's my sacroiliac joint. My OB referred me to a physical therapist, who I meet tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully she'll work miracles on my back, otherwise, it could be a long 21+ weeks to go!

My 18-20 week ultrasound is scheduled for tomorrow (10/7). Chris is going with me. At this point, I really have no idea of boy vs. girl. I was 100% convinced that Brendan was going to be a girl. I even bought girl clothes a day or two prior to my ultrasound! So, I'm afraid to even guess at this point. Overall, I'd say this pregnancy has been similar to Brendan's, but I also feel like I've been sicker & more tired, but I'm also chasing a toddler, so who knows!

We have a girl's name and I think that I've finally found some girl bedding that I like. It's not a set per se, but a quilt pattern and some sheets, curtains, bed/crib skirt that should all match. So if it is a girl, we're set in that department. If it's a boy, we have a list of names we like, but so far nothing's jumping out to us. We of course have boy bedding/accessories, but that would mean that I would need new stuff for Brendan's "big boy" room with his new bunk bed set that I found at a garage sale this summer. Chris' mom was out here recently and did wonders refinishing the bases and will finish up the bed frames at Christmas.

The plan will be to let everyone know boy vs. girl, but once again we won't be sharing the baby's name until he or she has made their appearance. I think that we can keep the name under wraps again, but gender is a different story!

If anyone wants to participate in an informal poll, feel free to vote boy vs. girl below in the comments!

1 comment: