Katelyn

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Brendan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Baby Update - 22 weeks!

It's hard to believe that this pregnancy is more than half over...it really seems to be flying by! I had an OB appointment about 1 week ago and all is going well. A few weeks to go before I have to take the dreaded gestational diabetes test...I passed just fine last time, but I'm still terrified of not being able to eat what I want, when I want!

In other baby news, I've come up with a nickname for baby girl..."Baby Bug", no real story, just the first & only nickname that we've come up with that seems to have stuck.

Chris got to feel Baby Bug move/kick about a week & a half ago. Definitely makes the pregnancy more real to him. I've definitely been feeling her move a lot, which I'm enjoying, but so glad that he's starting to get to enjoy it as well.

In terms of weight gain, I'm up 14 pounds for this pregnancy. I can't remember exactly what I had gained with Brendan at this point, but I feel like I'm doing well in not gaining too much too quickly. I have noticed that with this pregnancy, I'm not as hungry as I was with Brendan, so that is probably helping. Of course the other side of things is that, even though I'm not working full time and being on my feel all day long everyday, I'm definitely staying busy chasing around a toddler and wrestling him into his carseat or shopping cart. :)

The worst part of this pregnancy by far has been the back pain. My OB referred me to a physical therapist about 4 weeks ago. I've been twice now and will go back next week. I'd like to go more frequently but our health insurance doesn't really cover the therapy and we have to pay out of pocket until we meet our deductible, which we won't meet this calendar year...2010 will be different, so Lori (my physical therapist) and I will be good friends come Jan 1st! Anyway, apparently the problem is that my sacro-iliac joint (basically joint between my pelvis and bottom portion of my back/spine) is too loose, likely from the hormones produced in pregnancy. So my left hip is rotated all out of wack. I got a back support/brace which I now where except for when I'm sleeping, which has definitely helped. I've also been learning exercises to increase my abdominal strength to help stabilize my back/pelvis, which includes sitting on a exercise ball. Those are my favorite as it is such a relief to my back pain. I've also been trying to pick up/carry Brendan as little as possible, but it's very hard to do. :(

We've been shopping for a better car so that I don't have to lift Brendan so high up as I do in my SUV, plus we figure in a few months, we'll have two carseats to deal with, which will make both of our cars very crowded. Hopefully we'll find something good & affordable soon!

No comments: