Katelyn

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Brendan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Ma Ma!!!!!

Brendan's vocabulary has been increasing at an amazing rate lately, however there was one word that was sorely missing...."Ma Ma" or anything resembling it! For awhile, when I would go upstairs to get him in the morning, I was greeted with a "Da-da"! Partially because I think he loved saying it and partially because he adores his Daddy. About 2 weeks ago, while shopping with Mamaw, Brendan did point to me and say "Ma Ma", but it really hadn't happened again and I was worried it was a fluke! Chris and I had started playing somewhat of a game with Brendan...pointing at Chris and saying "Da Da", then pointing at myself and saying "Ma Ma".

Well...it finally paid off!!!! We were at a family birthday celebration tonight and Brendan looked at me, pointed and said "Ma Ma!" quite adamantly too! :) I was soooo happy...not going to lie...I got a little teary eyed! :)

In celebration of this feat, I thought that I'd make a list of the words that Brendan has just for fun. :)

Ma Ma
Da Da
Hi
Bye-Bye
Peaz (Please)
Thank you
De-do (Blankies...not sure how/why he came up with this)
Ni-ni (night-night)
Uh, oh!
Oh, no!
Wow!
Car/cars
Cards
Bus
Big? Car (Truck)
Red
Blue
Ball
Out-side
Shoe
Kitty
Duck
Fish
Cheese (often means any food, but specifically mac & cheese)
Afflesauce (applesauce - an obsession lately!)
Peas
Spoon
All gone/all done - not sure which it is or if it's both! :)
More
Hot!
Chair
Go
Up
Off
No! (not a fan of this one! LOL Sometimes it's accompanied by head shaking and adamant pointing...kinda funny at times!)
Elmo - this is a brand new one, and he doesn't always get it right...Gymbo (the character at Gymboree which is a clown), is currently being called Elmo)
He will roar at a lion picture, says "ba ba" for sheep and quack quack for ducks.
Tweet, tweet (means birds)
I'm sure that there are a few others that I'm missing/can't think of right now. I'll try to come back and add them as I think of them/hear him say them.

ETA: "Wa tha?" or "Tha?) (What's that?)
Baby :)

No comments: