Katelyn

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Brendan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Nesting...

It seems that now that we know that this little munchkin will be a girl, the nesting bug has fully taken over. I've had some brief moments of feeling the need to scrub down walls, organize closets, etc, but I think that it's in full force now. :)

I had a productive weekend...got our outdoor fall decorations up and cut back some flowers.

I also got the closet organizers put together for Brendan's new big boy closet and starting moving a few things in there each evening as he reads a book before bed.

We also hired some movers at the end of last week to move some heavier furniture items up & down the stairs for us. This included the desk/dresser parts of Brendan's new to him bunk bed set. I found this at a garage sale earlier this summer...just a few weeks after we learned we'd be having another baby. They were pretty marked up with marker, stickers, gum, etc. But with a good cleaning and some refinishing work by Bisia (Chris' mom, Bisia is Polish for Grandma) they are looking great!



We are taking Brendan's nursery bedding and putting it in his new big boy room after Christmas once we get everything organized. Initially, when we picked out his bedding, I told myself, this will work great for a boy OR a girl...well, now that we're having a girl...she needs a girlie nursery...but of course not too girlie, as I couldn't tolerate a pink infested room! So, yes I'm getting new nursery bedding, but all we need for Brendan's big boy room is a comforter and sheets for his new bunk beds, so not too bad!

As far as nursery bedding, I still haven't found a "set" that I like...BUT, I found a quilt making kit at Joanne Fabrics that I've fallen in love with. :) Bisia has offered to make the quilt kit. With some work, I have hunted down a fabric that I at least hope is very similar to the small purple rose bud fabric that is in this quilt and will be making (with the assistant of Mamaw) some small pillows and curtains for the nursery. I have found a crib bumper, dust ruffle, and sheets in the purple and pale green gingham. So hopefully it will all come together as I'm imagining it!
This is a picture of the quilt kit.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Jen, I love the purple! What girl in our family wouldn't love the purple :)

Cynthia said...

Love the purple and the description of what it will look like. I might be a little baised though, because it looks and sounds very similar to what I had as an infant (although mine was pink). I carried the quilt/blanket around for years!

Laura said...

Can't wait to see how it turns out!