Katelyn

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Brendan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 2, 2010

20 weeks



After some exhausting days and nights with little sleep for me & Katelyn, I've been doing some reading of baby sleep books. I'm currently working my way thru the "No Cry Sleep & Nap" books. Some of the suggestions seem to make sense and will hopefully help Katelyn sleep more and be a happier baby. Don't get me wrong, she is a happy baby, but when she's tired, she's a B-E-A-R!

One of her biggest issues are her "mini-naps". She will sleep for 10-20 minutes on average and then wake up. She acts bright-eyed, but a few minutes later is tired and cranky. What I've read is that some babies have trouble transitioning between the 1st & 2nd stages of sleep. The bad part is that the first stage of sleep can be quite refreshing and restoring at least briefly, so she doesn't seem to want to go back to sleep even though she really needs to. So, we're swaddling for naps as well as at night now and after I lay Katelyn down, I stay by her side and if/when she wakes up after a few minutes, I try to help her get back to sleep.

No comments: