Katelyn

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Brendan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 23, 2010

23 Weeks



I think that I've discovered part of Katelyn's night-time sleep issues. I think that she is sensitive to chocolate just like her father. If Chris eats chocolate, he can be awake for hours during the night. Katelyn seems to do the same thing - she can be awake for up to 3 hours in the middle of the night. Sometimes she acts tired, other times, she seems ready to play. So, I'm attempting to not eat chocolate. Not easy or fun for me!

Still not quite sitting up on her own, but again, so so close.

Our other issue that has developed is that Katelyn is refusing to take a bottle. Around 8 weeks or so, we introduced the bottle and Katelyn did very well with it. Once I quit my job, we really didn't keep up with giving her a bottle periodically. Mamaw has watched Katelyn a few times, very briefly, and in general hasn't been able to get her to take one either. So our mission for this week is to convince Katelyn that bottles aren't completely evil. (She cries and arches her back when the bottle touches her lips...it would be funny, if I wasn't so desperate to be able to leave her for more than 2 hours. Yes, she still eats basically every two hours, except at night.)

No comments: