Katelyn

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Brendan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, December 13, 2010

For Alana...

Alana Louise suggested that we build a gingerbread train with Brendan. So, off to Bed Bath & Beyond I went to get a gingerbread train kit.

It didn't look to hard...I've decorated Monkey cakes for the past two years...surely I can handle a gingerbread train...

Well, some of the train pieces looked similar, so initially I put some of the coal car pieces on the engine and vice versa...didn't work, so I had to start over.

Then, once I got it back on track, (pun intended), I forgot to take into account, my very helpful helper, who's favorite train activity is making his trains "crash"! So our poor engine, collapsed at least twice at the hands of Brendan.

He also wanted to eat all of the candy decorations which made me extremely nervous. Hard round candy + 2 year olds = choking hazard in my book!

So here are two pictures...be kind! :)


Maybe next year, we'll have better results.

1 comment:

Alana said...

aw i think your train looks great! choo choo!