Katelyn

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Brendan

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 23, 2010

My bad dog luck continues...

So Monday evening after work, I'm feeding Katelyn and watching Dora scratch her back on the couch and notice that something is poking out of her belly. I run my hands down her belly and feel a rock hard lump. Not good.

Tuesday, I took her to the vet. They agreed, not good. Likely breast cancer. Vet gave us two options...biopsy it...likely cancer or take it out...still likely cancer.

We decided to "take it out". She had surgery on Wednesday morning and did well. The vet thought that he got "good margins" and didn't see any enlarged lymph nodes. So, we cross our fingers and pray. :)

Dora in her new fangled "cone" back home after surgery.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh...I am so sorry. I hope they got it all and she does well.

Cynthia said...

I'm sorry too :(
How is she doing now and how were the results (assuming they sent it)?